Review: Expressive Sketchbooks by Helen Wells

Expressive Sketchbooks is a book for the person who is struggling to use a sketchbook. I found it very inspiring in many ways and have tried out several of her suggestions already.  At the same time, I found the book felt both too wordy and too much white space, and not enough inspiring pictures or ideas.  Additionally the pages with a quote, a short paragraph and picture seemed meant to inspire but fell short for me, leaving me feeling like they were there just to fill out pages.  I find myself extremely conflicted on how to rate this book because the parts that were good were excellent, but felt like they were few and far between in an otherwise average book.  I would suggest getting this book out of the library if possible first.    3 1/2 stars (rounded up to 4 for the fact that I already used several suggestions)

Comments